December 17, 2012

Gina Gershon Interview on Entertainment Weekly (Jun 15, 2007)


Gina Gershon Interview on Entertainment Weekly (Jun 15, 2007)

The EW Pop Culture Personality Test: Gina Gershon EW.com

The ''Rescue Me'' star wishes she had been in ''The Wizard of Oz''

Gina Gershon has a hard time with personality tests (ahem!) before breakfast or her daily latte. "My brain is too slow," complains the actress, 45. She must have had some wicked reinforcements, then, while co-writing her first, just-out book for young adults, Camp Creepy Time, a werewolves-mummies-and-vampires tale that's already been optioned for a film. Gershon — a part-time rocker who's occasionally known as Ugly Betty's Fabia — can be seen as Denis Leary's steady on the new season of FX's Rescue Me. That character's name? "I can't remember. I must be hungry."

Entertainment Weekly: If you could have starred in any movie in history, which one would it be?
Gina Gershon: Probably The Wizard of Oz. [It] always makes me happy. I would have liked to be the Wicked Witch. Margaret Hamilton was pretty genius.

EW: If my life were a drinking game, people would...
GG: Take a shot whenever they felt like it.

EW: Which rocker do you relate to most? (A) Chrissie Hynde (B) Janis Joplin (C) Joan Jett (D) Stevie Nicks
GG: Oh, man, that's tough. I'd have to go with Chrissie Hynde. She's pretty badass. She can play guitar.

EW: How do you unwind after a long day?
GG: Just get in the bathtub and eat, have a glass of wine. I'm into meals in the tub.


Actress Gina Gershon attends the 2011 CIROC The New Year party
at Gansevoort Park Avenue on December 31, 2010 in New York City.



EW: Choose one: (A) The Beatles (B) The Rolling Stones
GG: The Beatles. I mean, come on: I'd rather hang out with John Lennon.

EW: Who was your best onscreen kiss with?
GG: That's a tough one. I'd say Lenny Kravitz [in his video for 2000's ''Again'']. And I have to say, Jennifer Tilly is pretty good.

EW: If I had to gain 30 pounds for a role, I would eat...
GG: [For 1988's 'Red Heat'] I ate shrimp po'boys and drank Guinness.

EW: Who's your favorite Muppet? (A) Gonzo (B) Miss Piggy (C) Kermit the Frog (D) Fozzie
GG: Because it's just not easy being green. I thought he dealt with it really well.

EW: If you could be in any band (besides your own), which would you choose?
GG: It'd be fun to have played with John Coltrane or Dizzy Gillespie, if I were really good on the bass trombone.

EW: Stranded on an island, who would you eat first?
(A) Arnold Schwarzenegger (B) John Travolta (C) Molly Ringwald (D) Jennifer Tilly
GG: She has really nice skin. If you eat one of those hairy guys, it's too much work getting that hair out from your teeth.

EW: What wouldn't you do in a movie?
GG: I don't think I'd, like, kill a chicken and eat it.


Actress Gina Gershon arrives at the 18th annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party
held at Pacific Design Center on March 7, 2010 in West Hollywood, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment